12 June 2008

I was born cloaked in the absent sea




I have a studio! I have a studio! I have a studio!
And I finally used it!!!

Instead of watching a video, or wasting time online, or unpacking more boxes, I decided to spend the evening making something. I'm paying for the space, I'd damn well better make use of it. The only thing I've done in there since I moved in is make pillow covers for my couch. So I dug through my boxes of sketches looking for an idea.

I've had this sketch laying around for several years, just this body curled up on the ground.  One arm, no head.  I didn't know what to do with it, I could never figure out what to do with her head.  Then it dawned on me.  Waves!  It took a while to make them look like both hair and waves.

I had to finally hook up my scanner, since I can't find the cord to hook my camera to my computer. (It's odd, when I first moved in, I knew where the cord was, but not the camera.  As soon as I found my camera I lost the cord.)

It was so nice to actually be in the studio.
Aaah. Makes me smiley all day long :)

No comments: