14 December 2007

Wallowing in passion and decay

Ooh, two posts in one day! How'd you get so lucky? 
Just thought I'd throw in my real 'lastest' piece.  
(Yeah, I lied in that last post)
It's probably about a quarter of the way done so far.  Slightly Lord of the Flies, I think? (should that be 'Lady of the Flies'?)  I was thinking of adding a couple bugs on the passionflower.  Hmmm.  I still might, if I can make it work.  And maybe a few small holes eaten through the leaves.  Raw passion as decay.

 
Because of the way the wood interacts with the coloured pencil, you can see more of the highlights at an angle.  That's one reason I love the stuff.  It changes as you move around it, you see new things, little details that you wouldn't see standing even a foot to one side or the other.  The woodgrain plays with your head :)  Doesn't necessarily translate that well into a photo though...  Oh well.  Who cares?

No comments: